All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAiming to explore the concepts, issues and practical implications of spirituality in care, this book describes how spirituality is experienced, and looks at the impact of terminal illness. It also argues that if we are to recognize spirituality as a significant aspect of living and dying, then care providers must develop an effective approach.
- Author BiographyMark Cobb was educated at the universities of Lancaster and Keele and trained for the ordained ministry of the Anglican Church at Rippon College Cuddesdon, Oxford. He has experience in parochial ministry, and in healthcare Chaplaincy both within the NHS and voluntary sectors, during which time he came to specialise in palliative care. His research focus is the spiritual dimension of care, he teaches on the subject and is the co-founder of Body & Soul, the national conference on spiritual care. He is an honorary lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Sheffield, a Research Associate of the Lincoln Theological Institute and was appointed the Senior Chaplain of the Central Sheffield University Hospitals NHS Trust in 1998. He is the co-editor and a contributing author of The Spiritual Challenge of Health Care (Churchill Livingstone 1998).
- Author(s)Mark R. Cobb
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferenecs, bibliogr
- Weight264 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.35Trending at £7.98
- £5.09Trending at £6.16
- £9.77Trending at £14.49
- £4.95Trending at £5.98
- £7.09Trending at £10.91
- £6.45Trending at £6.77
- £9.94Trending at £11.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.