All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the major debates in English cultural, literary and religious history concerned whether or not the Bible should be translated into English. This book presents the Middle English texts that argue on the same side of the debate, that is, that there should be a Bible in English.
- Author BiographyThe late MARY DOVE was Professor in the School of English at the University of Sussex. This edition builds on her well-received monograph of 2007: The First English Bible: The Text and Context of the Wycliffite Versions (CUP).
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2010
- Language(s)English & English, Middle (1100-1500)
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleExeter Medieval Texts and Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Weight757 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMary Dove
- Series Edited byVincent Gillespie,Richard Dance
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £22.23Trending at £22.73
- £9.41Trending at £17.12
- £9.53Trending at £14.99
- £7.60Trending at £10.03
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.86Trending at £9.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.