All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat gives this banal cliche such irresistible attraction? How does East-West symbolism interact with other symbolic geographies? This book examines East-West rhetoric in several different historical contexts, seeking to problematize its implicit assumptions and analyse its consequences.
- Author BiographyAlexander Maxwell completed his PhD in Madison, Wisconsin. In 2007, he joined the history programme at Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand, where he directs the Antipodean East European Study Group. He is the author of Choosing Slovakia: Slavic Hungary, the Czechoslovak Language and Accidental Nationalism, and has translated into English Jan Kollar's Wechselseitigkeit. He has also published several articles on Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Pan-Slavism, nationalism, linguistic politics and history pedagogy.
- Author(s)Alexander Maxwell
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleNationalisms Across the Globe
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note2, 1 fig., 1 table
- Weight360 g
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.