CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.79
- £30.73Trending at £34.44
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £24.93Trending at £25.94
About this product
- Author(s)Joe Thomas Karackattu
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Economics
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight166 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1: Introduction.- Chapter 2: Taiwan's political and economic ecosystem.- 2.1 The Cross-Strait ECFA.- 2.2 Anticipated gains and problem areas for Taiwan.- 2.3 Taiwan's decisive moment.- 2.4 Conclusion.- Chapter 3: India and Taiwan in a post-ECFA ecosystem.- 3.1 Current state of relations.- 3.2 Areas of fitment.- 3.3 Policy realignments.- Chapter 4: Conclusion and future directions.
- Author BiographyDr. Joe Thomas Karackattu is presently a Research Fellow at the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) in New Delhi. He is a former Fox Fellow (2008-09) at Yale University, USA, a recipient of the President's Award for 2010-11 at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) in India, and of the Taiwan Fellowship award in 2012 (National Chengchi University, Taipei). His academic background is in Economics (BA (Hons); St. Stephen's College, Delhi) and International Relations (MA, MPhil and PhD; Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi). His chief research interests include China's foreign and economic policy, Cross-Strait ties, democratization and economic development in Taiwan, and Sino-Indian relations. He has presented his research on these domains at Oxford University (UK), East-West Center (USA), The Graduate Institute (Switzerland), mainland China (The University of Nottingham Ningbo, Xiamen University, Guangxi Academy of Social Sciences, Jinan University, among others), Taiwan (National Chung Cheng University; National Dong Hwa University; National Chung Hsing University, National Cheng Kung University & Institute of International Relations (IIR), National Chengchi University (NCCU)). His research can be found in Journal of Contemporary China, Issues and Studies, China Public Administration Review, South Asian Journal, Biosecurity and Bioterrorism, South Asian Studies Quarterly and China Report, among others. Apart from working in an academic/policy-research setting, he has also worked with both development and mainstream media in South Asia [print and television].
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.