Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £22.23Trending at £22.73
- £9.41Trending at £17.12
- £9.53Trending at £14.99
- £7.60Trending at £10.03
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.83Trending at £9.61
About this product
- Author(s)Kyle C. Strobel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- GenreChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction, Kyle Strobel. Part I Comparison and Assessment: Seeking salvation: Jonathan Edwards and Nicholas Cabasilas on life in Christ, Alexis Torrance; Anselm and Edwards on God, Oliver D. Crisp; New science of sacrifice, Peter J. Leithart; Jonathan Edwards: 'Discourse on the Trinity', Thomas G. Weinandy, OFM, Cap.; Edwards and Luther on free/bound willing, Robert W. Jenson; The beauty of Christ: Edwards and Balthasar on theological aesthetics, Kyle Strobel; The sophiology of Jonathan Edwards, David J. Dunn. Part II Constructive Engagement for Current Conversations: Jonathan Edwards and Thomas Aquinas on original sin, Matthew Levering; Jonathan Edwards, John Henry Newman, and Karl Barth: is a typological view of reality legitimate?, Gerald R. McDermott; Jonathan Edwards and Alasdair MacIntyre: interdependence, community, and contemporary virtue ethics, Elizabeth Agnew Cochran; The erotic side of divine participation: Jonathan Edwards, Gregory of Nyssa, and Origen of Alexandria on Song of Songs 1:1-4, Brandon G. Withrow; The surprising third article theology of Jonathan Edwards, Myk Habets; Jonathan Edwards and Wolfhart Pannenberg toward Trinitarian prayer, Kent Eilers. Bibliography, Index.
- Author BiographyKyle C. Strobel, PhD, University of Aberdeen, is the Assistant Professor of Spiritual Theology at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. He has written Jonathan Edwards's Theology: A Reinterpretation (T&T Clark, 2013), Formed for the Glory of God: Learning from the Spiritual Practices of Jonathan Edwards (IVP, 2013), and Jonathan Edwards: An Introduction to His Thought with Oliver Crisp (Eerdmans, forthcoming). He has also edited Sanctified by Grace: A Theology of the Christian Life with Kent Eilers (T&T Clark, 2014) and Reading the Christian Spiritual Classics: A Guide for Evangelicals with Jamin Goggin (IVP Academic, 2013).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.