All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the vibrancy of modern Scottish literature in all its forms and languages. Giving full credit to writing in Gaelic and by the Scottish diaspora, it brings together the best contemporary critical insights from three continents.
- Author BiographyIan Brown is Professor in Drama at Kingston University. He is General Editor of The Edinburgh History of Scottish Literature (EUP: 2007) and Series Editor of The Edinburgh Companions to Scottish Literature, co-editing the volume on the twentieth century (2009) and on drama (due out in 2011). Thomas Clancy is Lecturer in the Department of Celtic at the University of Glasgow. Susan Manning is Grierson Professor of English Literature, and Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh. She is the author of Fragments of Union: Making Connections in Scottish and American Writing (2002) and The Puritan-Provincial Vision: Scottish and American Literature in the Nineteenth Century (1990). Murray Pittock is Bradley Professor of English Literature at the University of Glasgow, Head of the College of Arts and Vice-Principal. He has formerly held chairs and other senior appointments at Strathclyde, Edinburgh and Manchester universities. His recent work includes Scottish and Irish Romanticism (2008), The Reception of Sir Walter Scott in Europe (2007) and James Boswell (2007). Forthcoming work includes collections on Robert Burns in Global Culture, the Reception of Robert Burns in Europe and the textual edition of the Scottish Musical Museum for the Oxford Burns. He is currently PI of the AHRC Beyond Text project, 'Robert Burns, 1796-1909: Inventing Tradition and Securing Memory'.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2006
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight814 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIan Brown,Professor Murray Pittock,Susan Manning,Thomas Owen Clancy
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £43.55Trending at £49.43
- £24.99Trending at £26.57
- £19.67Trending at £20.68
- £9.18Trending at £9.89
- £36.63Trending at £44.94
- £13.17Trending at £19.35
- £19.17Trending at £25.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.