All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.78
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £7.97Trending at £11.98
- £5.54Trending at £6.00
- £28.39Trending at £32.48
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the essential tools for appraising evidence and outlining steps for planning and implementing better efficacy research. This book aims to help researchers and practitioners develop the necessary skills for moving the augmentative and alternative communication field toward evidence-based practice.
- Author BiographyRalf W. Schlosser holds a Ph.D. in Special Education with an emphasis in augmentative and alternative communication from Purdue University. He is a tenured Associate Professor in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at Northeastern University in Boston. He is also a Distinguished Switzer Fellow of the National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) and a Fellow of the American Association on Mental Retardation (AAMR). In 2001, Dr. Schlosser received the Editor Award for the Most Significant Research Article published in Augmentative and Alternative Communication for the paper entitled Promoting generalization and maintenance in augmentative and alternative communication: A meta-analysis of 20 years of effectiveness research. This paper was recognized as a review of high methodological quality by the Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness. Lyle L. Lloyd is a Fellow of the American Association on Mental Retardation, Fellow of ASHA, Honors of the Council for Exceptional Children Division for Children with Communication Disorders, and he was selected as the first distinguished alumni in the area of Communication Disorders and Sciences at Eastern Illinois University. He is Coordinator of the Steering Committee of ASHA Special Interest Division 12, AAC. As recognition of his significant contributions to the AAC field, Lloyd is the only person to receive both the President's Award 91988) and the Distinguished Service Award (1994) of ISAAC, both awards presented at Biennial Conferences. He has made more than 100 published contributions to the field, including authoring or co-authoring seven seminal books on AAC.
- Author(s)Ralf W. Schlosser
- Date of Publication31/12/2001
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAugmentative and Alternative Communications Perspectives
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.