All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSolomon the elephant's life is about to be upturned. For two years he has been in Lisbon, brought from the Portuguese colonies in India. Now King Dom Joao III wishes to make him a wedding gift for the Hapsburg archduke, Maximilian. But it means the poor pachyderm must travel from Lisbon to Vienna on foot.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago was one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922 in the small rural village of Azinhaga, he was in his fifties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar and Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, which included plays, poetry, short stories, non-fiction and over a dozen novels, translated into more than forty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. He died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date23/10/2012
- Weight228 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.92
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.44Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £8.36Trending at £8.94
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.