All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an integrated theory of the study of religion as visual culture. Providing key tools for scholars across disciplines studying the materiality of religions, this title gives an overview including case studies of the ways seeing is related to touching, hearing, feeling, and such ephemeral experiences as dreams, imagination, and visions.
- Author BiographyDavid Morgan is Professor of Religion at Duke University. He is the author of several books, including The Sacred Gaze: Religious Visual Culture in Theory and Practice and Visual Piety (both from UC Press).
- Author(s)David Morgan
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note50 b/w photographs
- Weight63 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £19.25Trending at £27.06
- £17.75Trending at £25.11
- £13.36Trending at £20.64
- £14.89Trending at £19.94
- £12.18Trending at £18.07
- £8.44Trending at £8.97
- £14.53Trending at £21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.