Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £13.68Trending at £17.33
- £4.63Trending at £5.27
- £13.39Trending at £15.43
- £10.58Trending at £10.71
- £4.95Trending at £5.01
- £4.95Trending at £5.96
- £7.42Trending at £8.94
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the ways in which Indian women engaged with the power structures-both colonialist and patriarchical-which sought to define them. Through the analysis of Indian male reactions to movements of assertion by women, this work also shows the development of feminist consciousness in India since the late nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyDr Padma Anagol teaches British Imperial and Modern Indian History at the Cardiff School of History and Archaeology, Cardiff University, UK. Her research interests straddle gender and women's history of modern India with publications appearing regularly in journals such as History Workshop Journal. She is on the Editorial Board of South Asia Research; Cultural and Social History; Women's History Review and is also the Asia consultant for the BBC History Magazine.
- Author(s)Padma Anagol
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight552 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.