Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £11.26Trending at £14.44
- £7.66Trending at £8.99
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £18.17
- £8.40Trending at £9.99
- £12.27Trending at £14.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionIt is to be a structure like no other, the largest and tallest skyscraper in the world. Initial plans for the Empire State Building called for an Art Deco masterwork to rise 1,000 feet, with 80 stories of rental space. The high-rise is to completely fill the 84,000-square-foot site of the former Waldorf-Astoria, then New York's most opulent hotel.
- Author BiographyRonald A. Reis has written young adult biographies of Eugenie Clark, Jonas Salk, Mickey Mantle, and Ted Williams, as well as books on the Dust Bowl, the New York Subway System, African Americans and the Civil War, and the World Trade Organization, all for Chelsea House. He is the technology department chair at Los Angeles Valley College.
- Author(s)Ronald A. Reis
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBuilding America: Then and Now
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour & black-&-white photographs & illustrations, maps, primary source documents, chronology & timeline, glossary, bibliography, further resources, index
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.