Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropologist Elizabeth A. Povinelli theorizes intimate relations as sites which bring into view the interplay between liberalism's contradictory ideals of freedom and constraint.
- Author BiographyElizabeth A. Povinelli is a Professor in the Department of Anthropology and the Institute for Research on Women and Gender at Columbia University, where she is also Codirector of the Center for the Study of Law and Culture. She is the author of The Cunning of Recognition: Indigenous Alterities and the Making of Australian Multiculturalism, also published by Duke University Press. She is a former editor of the journal Public Culture.
- Author(s)Elizabeth A. Povinelli
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitlePublic Planet Books
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.