All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionThe Encyclopedia of Postcolonial Studies brings together the most wide-ranging and up-to-date scholarship ever assembled on the colonial, postcolonial and neo-colonial condition, covering the period from 1492 to the present.
- Author BiographySangeeta Ray is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Maryland.She is author of Engendering India: Woman and Nation in Colonial and Postcolonial Narratives (2000), Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak: In Other Words (Wiley Blackwell 2009), and of the forthcoming Postcolonial Reading: Aesthetics, Ethics, Politics. She is also co-editor, with Henry Schwarz, of A Companion to Postcolonial Studies (Wiley Blackwell 2000). She serves on several editorial boards of key journals, and her areas of specialization include postcolonial studies, ethnic and transnational studies, world literature, and environmental humanities. Henry Schwarz is Professor of English at Georgetown University, where he was Director of the Program on Justice and Peace from 1999 to 2007. His books include Writing Cultural History in Colonial and Postcolonial India (1997), Constructing the Criminal Tribe in Colonial India: Acting Like a Thief (Wiley Blackwell 2010), Reading the Shape of the World: Toward an International Cultural Studies (co-edited with Richard Dienst, 1996), and A Companion to Postcolonial Studies (with Sangeeta Ray, Wiley Blackwell 2000). He has produced four documentary films on underclass culture in India. His areas of specialization include literary theory, cultural studies, South Asia regional studies, and comparative literature. Current research and writing bring him increasingly closer to human rights, indigenous people, and creative practices of social change.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Literature
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight3522 g
- Width204 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine136 mm
- Edited byHenry Schwarz,Sangeeta Ray
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.