Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £28.95Trending at £30.58
- £4.43Trending at £4.78
- £21.89Trending at £22.17
- £11.16Trending at £13.58
- £7.64Trending at £9.99
- £10.09Trending at £10.99
- £7.33Trending at £8.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe transformation of Southern politics after World War II changed the political life not just of this region, but of the entire nation. The shift in Southern political allegiance from Democratic to Republican has been explained, by scholars and journalists, as a white backlash to the civil rights revolution. This book challenges that idea.
- Author BiographyByron E. Shafer is Glenn B. and Cleone Orr Hawkins Professor of Political Science at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Richard Johnston is Professor of Political Science at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Byron E. Shafer,Richard Johnston
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note39 line illustrations, 30 tables
- Width146 mm
- Height227 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.