CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £6.29
- £4.93Trending at £6.94
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £12.58Trending at £15.57
- £4.67Trending at £7.98
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe quintessential novel of Argentina's Dirty War (1976-83), from one of the country's most respected and controversial writers. English debut.
- Author BiographyLiliana Heker: Liliana Heker (1943-) is a Jewish-Argentinian author and intellectual, known for her outspoken protests against state violence during the Dirty War of 1976-83. At the time over 30,000 people were disappeared by the government, and while many writers and journalists fled the country to escape persecution, Heker remained, and argued the necessity of bearing witness to state atrocities. Made famous at first by the public polemic she had with the great Argentine writer Julio Cortazar (then living in Paris), Heker's short fiction has since been anthologized in over a dozen countries. Her collected stories was released by Alfaguara in 2004. The End of the Story is her second novel to appear in English. Andrea Labinger: Andrea Labinger, Professor of Spanish and Honors Director Emerita at the University of La Verne, received her PhD in Spanish and Latin American Studies from Harvard in 1981. She is the translator of over 30 works of fiction and creative non-fiction, and currently lives in California.
- Author(s)Liliana Heker
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBiblioasis International Translation Series
- Place of PublicationEmeryville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Weight185 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byAndrea G. Labinger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.