Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.84Trending at £9.97
- £6.59Trending at £9.97
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
About this product
- Author(s)Sean Meighoo
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments Introduction Part I: The End of the West 1. The Black Athena Debate Part II: From Teleology to Negative Teleology 2. The Phenomenological Turn 3. The Ethical Turn Part III: From Continental Philosophy to Postcolonial Theory 4. The Critique of Representation 5. The Defense of Difference Part IV: The Limits of Antiethnocentrism 6. The Beatles in India Conclusion Notes Bibliography Index
- Author BiographySean Meighoo is an assistant professor in the Department of Comparative Literature at Emory University. His work has appeared in the journals Small Axe, Cultural Critique, Journal for Critical Animal Studies, and Humanimalia, as well as the volumes Nation Dance: Religion, Identity, and Cultural Difference in the Caribbean (2001) and Beastly Morality: Animals as Ethical Agents (Columbia, 2015).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.