All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe English Village champions all that is unique and loved about a typical village - the pub, the green, the school, the church, the pond, the local shop and more - as well as exploring how the village has changed over the centuries, and how it has adjusted to modern-day life.
- Author BiographyMartin Wainwright has been the Northern Editor of The Guardian for 16 years and broadcasts regularly on television and radio. Born in Leeds, the son of the Liberal MP Richard Wainwright, he co-wrote The Which? Guide to Yorkshire and the Peak District, and among his other books on northern or countryside topics are a biography of the English fellwalker and author Alfred Wainwright (no relation), True North: In Praise of England's Better Half, and a guide to the Coast to Coast Walk, as well as A Gleaming Landscape: A Hundred Years of The Guardian's Country Diary.
- Author(s)Martin Wainwright
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £9.41Trending at £17.05
- £9.50Trending at £16.51
- £9.53Trending at £14.96
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.94
- £8.00Trending at £9.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.