All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £26.49Trending at £37.78
- £6.96Trending at £7.95
- £6.53Trending at £7.97
- £5.99Trending at £6.12
- £5.97Trending at £6.95
- £5.99Trending at £6.17
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to 20th-century criticism that cast them as misguided dabblers, English virtuosi in 17th and early 18th centuries were erudite individuals with grounding in classics, appreciation for the arts, and sincere curiosity about the natural world. This title situates this group at the intersection of period's art, medicine, and antiquarianism.
- Author BiographyCraig Ashley Hanson is assistant professor of art history at Calvin College.
- Author(s)Craig Ashley Hanson
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note12 colour plates, 62 halftones
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.