Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.83
- £69.50Trending at £109.95
- £23.99Trending at £24.37
- £25.45Trending at £34.99
- £14.52Trending at £16.10
- £50.40Trending at £51.46
- £30.79Trending at £34.11
About this product
- DescriptionThe famous epic of Son-Jara , celebrating the exploits of the legendary founder of the Empire of Old Mali some 750 years ago, is widely recited today among the Mandekan-speaking peoples of West Africa. This text presents a full linear translation of a performance of the Son-Jara epic recorded in its heartland in west central Mali.
- Author BiographyJOHN WILLIAM JOHNSON is Associate Professor of Folklore at Indiana University and the author of two books and many articles on Somali and Mande linguistics and folklore.
- Author(s)John William Johnson
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1992
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleAfrican Epic
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.