All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.36Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is it so difficult to break away from the kind of existence that is based on having? This work complements the texts To Have or To Be and The Art of Being with unpublished lectures, interviews, and apercus to lift us out of a life of passivity into one of creative joy.
- Author BiographyBorn in Frankfurt-am-Main, Erich Fromm (1900-1980) studied sociology and psychoanalysis. In 1933, he emigrated as a member of the Frankfurt School of social thinkers to the United States, moved to Mexico in 1950, and spent his twilight years between 1974 and 1980 in Switzerland. His books Fear of Freedom (1941) and The Art of Loving (1956) made him famous. Other well-known books are Marx's Concept of Man, Beyond the Chains of Illusion, and The Essential Fromm. Rainer Funk is the author of Erich Fromm: The Courage to be Human, as well as the editor of the multivolume German edition of Fromm's complete works.
- Author(s)Erich Fromm
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/12/1997
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight192 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.