Consider these sponsored items
- £14.97Was:£18.95Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert D. Ballard,Will Hively
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2017
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePrinceton Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note100 halftones.
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the 2017 Edition vii Acknowledgments xv Introduction 3 I Depth 1 A Simple Tethered Sphere 13 2 Bathyscaphs Race to the Bottom 33 3 The Tragic Dawn of the Modern Deep Submersible 58 II Discovery 4 Scientists Begin Exploring the Deep 93 5 The Midocean Ridge:Womb of the Earth 117 6 Hydrothermal Vents: Exotic Oases 157 7 Black Smokers: Recipe for a Salty Ocean 187 III Detachment 8 A Tethered Eyeball Races to Find the Titanic 217 9 Recovering Our Past by Remote Control 255 10 Should Humans Continue to Dive? Two Paradigms 299 A Note on Sources 313 Further Reading 315 Index 375
- Author BiographyRobert D. Ballard, PhD, is President of Ocean Exploration Trust, director of the Center for Ocean Exploration, professor of oceanography at the Graduate School of Oceanography at the University of Rhode Island, Graduate School of Oceanography and the author of several bestselling books.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.07
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £19.99Trending at £31.83
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £30.13
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.