All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the roots of the Chinese empire's exceptional longevity and unparalleled political durability, and shows how lessons from the imperial past are relevant for China today. This book demonstrates that the empire survived and adjusted to a variety of domestic and external challenges through a peculiar combination of rigid ideological premises.
- Author BiographyYuri Pines holds the Michael W. Lipson Chair in Chinese Studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and is a visiting professor at Nankai University in Tianjin, China. He is the author of Foundations of Confucian Thought and Envisioning Eternal Empire.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2012.
- Author(s)Yuri Pines
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 map.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.14
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £14.30Trending at £16.70
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.