All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom roots in '70s New York disco and '80s Detroit techno to international, mainstream explosion of such genres as house, trance, and dubstep, electronic dance music has reshaped the popular musical landscape. This book digs through the archives of Keyboard magazine to unearth the insider history of the art and technology of the EDM movement.
- Author BiographyPETER KIRN is a technology journalist and creative tech practitioner and teacher. His sites CreateDigitalMusic.com and CreateDigitalMotion.com have become widely read chronicles of recent transformations in music and visual technology and design, from DIY culture to new interfaces and platforms. A contributing editor to Keyboard, he has written for MacWorld, Make, Computer Music, Wax Poetics, and Popular Science. Classically trained, he teaches at Parsons and speaks internationally on the connections between technology and creation, to audiences ranging from musicians and designers to software developers.
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleKeyboard Presents
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content NoteBlack and White Photos throughout
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byPeter Kirn
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £11.32Trending at £14.99
- £9.27Trending at £12.99
- £18.39Trending at £26.08
- £13.82Trending at £22.99
- £10.82Trending at £13.78
- £9.79Trending at £11.98
- £19.77Trending at £27.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.