All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.56Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.49Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the evolution of Polo from its origins in Central Asia to its manifestation as a professional sport that attracts wealthy sponsors and patrons. This sociological study examines how polo has changed according to the economic and cultural differences of the nations and continents where it is played.
- Author BiographyA polo player himself, Horace A. Laffaye is on the Board of Directors of the Museum of Polo. His writings on the game include two books and many articles in magazines in America, Argentina and England. He is the author of Profiles in Polo (2007) and The Polo Encyclopedia (2004) and divides his time between Connecticut and Florida.
- Author(s)Horace A. Laffaye
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteca. 100 photos (ca. 60 in colour), notes, bibliography, index
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Foreword byNigel A Brassard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.