All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
About this product
- Author(s)David S. Stevenson
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 113 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight826 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
- Table Of ContentsPart I Learning by Observing our World.- Introducing Earthly Meteorology.- Tales of Mass Destruction.- Part II - Other Worlds in the Solar System.- Venus.- The Wispy Weather of Mars.- The King of Planets.- The Ring World.- Uranus.- Neptune, Pluto and the Kuiper Belt.- Part III - Beyond our Solar Realms.- Tales of Other Worlds.- Stellar Weather.- Storm Fronts in Galaxy Clusters.- Glossary.- Bibliography.
- Author BiographyDavid Stevenson was born in Paisley, Scotland, in 1968, and studied molecular biology at Glasgow University and a PhD in genetics from the University of Cambridge. After a stint in academia, he became a teacher, but continued to write science articles for various magazines such as Sky & Telescope. His publications with Springer include The Complex Lives of Star Clusters (2015), Extreme Explosions (2014) and Under a Crimson Sun (2014). Despite a background in Biology, David's father inspired his interest in astronomy from an early age. Exploring the cross-roads of different scientific disciplines is a key interest and motivation in both teaching and writing. David lives in Nottingham, UK, with his wife and family.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.