All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight518 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMarijke van der Veen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction; M. van der Veen. 2. Sorghum in the economy of the early neolithic nomadic tribes at Nabta Playa, southern Egypt; K. Wasylikowa, J. Dahlberg. 3.. Wild grasses as neolithic food resources in the eastern Sahara - a review of the evidence from Egypt; H. Barakat, A. Gamal el-din Fahmy. 4. The use of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry in the identification of ancient sorghum seeds; E. Biehl, et al. 5. Ancient DNA from sorghum: the evidence from Qasr Ibrim, Egyptian Nubia; P. Rowley-Conwy, et al. 6. Missing plant foods? Where is the archaeobotanical evidence for sorghum and finger millet in East Africa? R. Young, G. Thompson. 7. Early plant food production in the West African Sahel - new evidence; K. Neumann. 8. The exploitation of wild and domesticated food plants at settlement mounds in north-east Nigeria (1800 cal BC to today); M. Klee, B. Zach. 9. Indications for agroforestry: archaeobotanical remains of crops and woody plants from medieval Saouga, Burkina Faso; S. Kahlheber. 10. Ethnoarchaeological approaches to the study of prehistoric agriculture in the highlands of Ethiopia; C. D'Andrea, et al. 11. The ethnobotany of Lathyrus sativus L. in the highlands of Ethiopia; A. Butler, et al. 12. The agricultural foundation of the Aksumite Empire, Ethiopia - an interim report; S. Boardman. 13. Wine production and consumption in pharaonic Egypt; M.A. Murray. 14. The food and fodder supply to Roman quarry settlements in the Eastern Desert of Egypt; M. van der Veen. 15. Trade and subsistence at the Roman port of Berenike, Red Sea coast, Egypt; R. Cappers. 16. The use of imported and local wood at the Roman port of Berenike, Red Sea coast, Egypt; C. Vermeeren. 17. Charcoal from West African savanna sites: questions of identification and interpretation; K. Neumann. 18. Fuels for the furnace: recent and prehistoric ironworking in Uganda and beyond; G. Thompson, R. Young. 19. Reconstructing the woody resources of the medieval Kingdom of Alwa, Sudan; C. Cartwright. 20. The selection of plant fibers and wood in the manufacture of organic household items from the Gabalein area, Egypt; N.M. Waly.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.74
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £13.28Trending at £14.42
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.