All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.96
- £5.69Trending at £7.37
- £7.29Trending at £10.99
- £16.71Trending at £19.90
- £9.85Trending at £10.77
- £17.57Trending at £19.05
- £12.95Trending at £16.95
About this product
- DescriptionPresents key documents from the pre-1915 history of the extraterrestrial life debate. This work also demonstrates that belief in extraterrestrial life has had major effects on science and society, and that metaphysical and religious views have permeated the debate throughout much of its history.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL J. CROWE is the Rev. John J. Cavanaugh Professor Emeritus in Humanities in the Program of Liberal Studies and Graduate Program in History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Notre Dame. He has published a number of books, including The Extraterrestrial Life Debate, 1750-1900: The Idea of a Plurality of Worlds from Kant to Lowell.
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Note19 halftones
- Weight975 g
- Width173 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichael J. Crowe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.