Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.51Trending at £6.13
- £11.45Trending at £11.90
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £6.23Trending at £7.94
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £5.81Trending at £7.99
- £3.79Trending at £4.69
About this product
- DescriptionPlato and Aristotle both believed that the arts were mimetic creations of the human mind that had the power to influence society. These essays document the interaction between life and the arts that has made art more lively and life more artful with subjects ranging from antiquity to modern times.
- Author BiographyFrances B. Titchener is Associate Professor of History at Utah State University. Richard F. Moorton Jr. is Associate Professor of Classics at Connecticut College.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/04/1999
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 color illustration, 15 b/w photographs, 2 tables
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byFrances B. Titchener,Richard F. Moorton
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.