All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe English poet, philosopher, and literary critic William Empson considered 'The Face of the Buddha' to be one of his finest works and was heartbroken when he lost the only copy in the wake of World War Two. Its recent rediscovery means the book can now be offered for the very first time exactly as he intended.
- Author BiographyRupert Arrowsmith is an alumnus of Christ Church college, Oxford, and a fellow of the School of Advanced Study at London University. He is the author of numerous books and articles on Asian and European art and culture, and has twice been ordained as a Buddhist monk in Myanmar, where he currently resides.
- Author(s)Partha Mitter,William Empson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIn-text black-and-white illustrations; 16pp colour plates section
- Weight648 g
- Width196 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRupert Arrowsmith
Most relevant reviews
- professor.or09 Nov, 2016by
An extremely well presented product in an important philosophical area. Helps the reader to see key issues in a new way.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.54Trending at £5.04
- £23.16Trending at £35.84
- £28.00Trending at £33.99
- £24.08Trending at £37.93
- £24.88Trending at £39.83
- £27.89Trending at £38.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.