All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the fact or fiction behind stuff you THINK you know about popular every day topics.
- Author BiographyPaul Mason's interest in writing stems from his childhood when he won the Scripture Prize in his last year at Primary School. He now is an experienced freelance writer and editor of a variety of children's information books, with subjects including extreme sports, geography and travel. He has a degree in anthropology, has worked in Turkey and taught English as a foreign language. Paul is a keen sportsman and particularly enjoys surfing, mountain biking and snowboarding. Kay Barnham was born in Barrow-in-Furness, grew up in Carlisle, went to college in Brighton, and lived in Hove for a while, before sailing for Kinsale, Co Cork, popping back to Hove and then moving to the New Forest with her husband and daughter. And never at any point has she lived more than ten miles from the sea. She began working in children's publishing in 1992. She was an editor first of all, working on illustrated non-fiction and learning fun facts like how long it would take to walk to the moon - nine years - and how to spell palaeontology. Next, she commissioned fiction titles, editing picture books, storybooks and novels. And then she got the chance to write her own books, which she thinks is quite the best job ever. Except possibly being a chocolatier. She writes non-fiction as Kay Barnham. Her specialist subjects include ice-skating, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, lightning, fairies, Roald Dahl, Sir Isaac Newton, Christmas, dolphins, Florence Nightingale and very bad cracker jokes. And chocolate. Altogether, she's written about a hundred books. Paul Harrison is an award-winning editor and author. He has written a wide variety of books for children, and has a particular passion for modern history. He lives with his wife and son in Hove, East Sussex.
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight574 g
- Width172 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Early Reading
Save on Early Reading
- £4.48Trending at £4.84
- £4.39Trending at £5.08
- £9.74Trending at £11.33
- £4.75Trending at £4.91
- £4.48Trending at £4.99
- £5.20Trending at £6.22
- £4.39Trending at £4.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.