All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Townsend grew up with a father, Ron, who had suffered recurring mental illness. At the slightest emotional trigger he could turn from a loving and compassionate dad - adored by his family and friends - to a restless, dead-eyed depressive or spiteful, bullying monster. Here, he paints a painful portrait of life with his dad.
- Author BiographyMartin Townsend has been a journalist since 1979. He worked at Today newspaper and, at 25, became the youngest regular columnist in national newspapers. He joined You magazine at the Mail On Sunday as showbusiness editor. In 1996 he was head-hunted to join the staff of celebrity weekly OK! becoming editor in 1998. He has been editor of the Sunday Express since 2001 and is author of a highly-popular weekly column,A Word From The Editor. Martin is married with three children and lives in West London. The Father I Had is his first book.
- PrizesWinner of Mind Book of the Year Award 2008.
- Author(s)Martin Townsend
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2007
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date09/06/2010
- Content Note16-page colour picture section
- Weight537 g
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.