All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £11.15Trending at £11.89
- £19.81Trending at £42.59
- £10.62Trending at £20.28
- £5.99Trending at £8.99
- £5.65Trending at £9.59
- £6.31Trending at £7.50
About this product
- DescriptionFather and son: arguably the most complex of all family relationships. From the soaring, often hilarious 'highs' to the horrific 'lows' of his father's three suicide attempts, he tells a story of pain, courage and resilience and produces a moving and account of a close family nearly torn apart by mental illness.
- Author BiographyMartin Townsend has been a journalist since 1979. He worked at Today newspaper and, at twenty-five, became the youngest regular columnist in national newspapers. He worked at You magazine at the Mail on Sunday as showbusiness editor before joining the staff of celebrity weekly OK!, where he became editor in 1998. He has been editor of the Sunday Express since 2001 and is author of a highly popular weekly column, A Word from the Editor. Married with three children, Martin Townsend lives in West London. The Father I Had is his first book.
- PrizesWinner of Mind Book of the Year Award 2008.
- Author(s)Martin Townsend
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight314 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.