All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionA powerful and disturbing verbatim play, based on the testimonies of people within Syria at the heart of the uprising, which provides a troubling account of life under Assad's oppressive regime. The stories were gathered by British journalists who travelled into Syria covertly.
- Author BiographyRuth Sherlock has just been named 'Young Journalist of the Year' in the 2012 British Press Awards. She has been nominated for the prestigious Gaby Rado Memorial Award, given by Amnesty International for outstanding coverage of human rights. Paul Wood has covered a dozen wars in fifteen years as a BBC foreign correspondent. During the Syrian uprising, he was three times smuggled across the border and into the city of Homs and produced Homs - Journey into Hell for BBC's Panorama. Zoe Lafferty has worked as a director, assistant director and playwright for theatre in Afghanistan, the UK, New York, Palestine and Europe, and is an Associate Director of the Freedom Theatre Palestine.
- Author(s)Paul Wood,Ruth Sherlock,Zoe Lafferty
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.