All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to fiberglass boat repair and beautification, covering not just cosmetic dings and scratches, but also major repairs of structural damage to hull and decks. It deals with issues including how to: replace deteriorated gelcoat, strengthen a weak and overly flexible hull or deck, and tab in loose hull liners and joinerwork.
- Author BiographyA resident of Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, Allan Vaitses retired from full-time boatbuilding in the early 1980s after a 45-year career, including 30 years building custom and semicustom fiberglass boats. In his second career as a marine surveyor (a profession he still pursues), Vaitses has witnessed just about every flaw and form of damage or deterioration a fiberglass boat can suffer. In his third career as a writer, Vaitses has imparted his knowledge of boatbuilding, troubleshooting, and repair through such books as Lofting, Covering Wooden Boats With Fiberglass, Boatbuilding One-Off in Fiberglass, and What Shape Is She In? A Guide to the Surveying of Boats.
- Author(s)Allan H. Vaitses
- PublisherInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/01/1988
- GenreTransport Technology
- Series TitleInternational Marine-RMP
- Place of PublicationRockport, ME
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight569 g
- Width218 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £9.34
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £14.51Trending at £17.08
- £18.89Trending at £20.40
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.