Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionAside from Ruth Rendell's brilliance as a fiction writer, and her appeal to mystery lovers, her books portray a compelling, universal experience that her readers can immediately relate to, the intra-familial stresses generated by the nuclear family.
- Author BiographyBarbara Leavy has written three books on supernatural femmes fatales and demon lovers in folklore and literature, the last of which, reviewed favorably by The New York Times Sunday Book Review, is In Search of the Swan Maiden: A Narrative on Folklore and Gender. Her book on epidemic diseases as a literary subject, To Blight with Plague, paved the way for her analysis of how Ruth Rendell treats disease as a theme in her fiction. In the field of mystery writing, her study of The Woman in White and the history of psychology in nineteenth-century England is a resource for Wilkie Collins scholars.
- Author(s)Barbara Leavy
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationScottsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Content Note401:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Matte Lam
- Weight416 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.