Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.74Trending at £23.44
- £7.00Trending at £7.26
- £14.62Trending at £15.26
- £13.49Trending at £14.99
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £7.79Trending at £8.20
- £24.73Trending at £27.64
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the tumultuous period of the 1950s, this work explores the divorce of movie studios from their theater chains; the panic of the blacklist era; the explosive emergence of science fiction as the dominant genre; and the rise of television and Hollywood's response with widescreen spectacles.
- Author BiographyPeter Lev is Professor of Electronic Media and Film at Towson University and author of American Films of the 70s: Conflicting Visions.
- Author(s)Peter Lev
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleHistory of the American Cinema S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note110 b/w photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.