All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe wines of Tuscany were famous long before Leonardo da Vinci described them as 'bottled sunshine'. This book discusses such subjects as geology and geography, grape varieties, and research into Sangiovese, the variety used in the top wines of Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
- Author BiographyNicolas Belfrage MW has worked with Italian wine, either in the trade or as a writer, since the early 1970s and qualified as a Master of Wine in 1980, the first American to achieve this honor. He is the author of Barolo to Valpollicella: The Wines of Northern Italy and Brunello to Zibibbo: Tuscany, Central and Southern Italy.
- Author(s)Nicolas Belfrage
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2009
- Series TitleThe World's Finest Wines
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width171 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byHugh Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.