All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.12
- £9.51Trending at £9.82
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £11.61Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an introduction to the application of the finite element method to fluid mechanics. This book begins with a useful summary of all relevant partial differential equations before moving on to discuss convection stabilization procedures, steady and transient state equations, and numerical solution of fluid dynamic equations.
- Author BiographyO. C. Zienkiewicz was one of the early pioneers of the finite element method and is internationally recognized as a leading figure in its development and wide-ranging application. He was awarded numerous honorary degrees, medals and awards over his career, including the Royal Medal of the Royal Society and Commander of the British Empire (CBE). He was a founding author of The Finite Element Method books and developed them through six editions over 40 years up to his death in 2009. R. L. Taylor is Emeritus Professor of Engineering and Professor in the Graduate School, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. P. Nithiarasu, Senior Lecturer at the School of Engineering, University of Wales Swansea, has over ten years of experience in the finite element based computational fluid dynamics research. He moved to Swansea in 1996 after completing his PhD research at IIT Madras. He was awarded Zienkiewicz silver medal and prize of the Institution of Civil Engineers, UK in 2002. In 2004 he was selected to receive the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS) award for young scientists in computational engineering sciences. Dr Nithiarasu is the author of several articles in the area of fluid dynamics, porous medium flows and the finite element method.
- Author(s)Olek C. Zienkiewicz,P. Nithiarasu,Robert L. Taylor
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleThe Finite Element Method
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight1330 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.