All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGriffins, Cyclopes, Monsters, and Giants - these fabulous creatures of classical mythology continue to live in the modern imagination through the vivid accounts that have come down to us from the ancient Greeks and Romans. This title shows that many of the giants and monsters of myth did have a basis in fact.
- Author BiographyAdrienne Mayor is the author of Fossil Legends of the First Americans ; Greek Fire, Poison Arrows, and Scorpion Bombs ; and The Poison King , which was a finalist for a National Book Award in 2009. She is a research scholar in classics and history of science at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Adrienne Mayor
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2011
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note63 halftones. 17 line illus. 1 tables.
- Weight539 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementWith a New introduction by the author
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.52Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £8.75Trending at £12.99
- £14.28Trending at £19.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.