All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly practical guide for both experienced and novice professionals and students reveals the steps involved in the crucial first meeting with a client. The authors approach the task of an initial interview by providing an overview of the therapeutic process and what to expect from clients. The book also explores the practical basics of therapy - counsellor-client roles, physical settings, communication dynamics, assessment and diagnosis, record-keeping, goals and contracts and trust-building. Individual chapters discuss specialist topics such as working with couples and families, the role of culture and ethnicity, when and how to refer clients with serious problems, and legal and ethical issues.
- Author(s)Paul H. Glasser,Sara F. Fine
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/07/1996
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSage Human Services Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.