CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe West Indies Cricket Team, formed in 1884, made its first overseas tour to Canada and United States. The first match was played against the Montreal Cricket Club, 16-17 August 1886. This book speaks to the Canadian and American beginning of the West Indian cricket culture that emerged a century later as a powerful performance force of the game.
- Author BiographyHilary McD. Beckles is Professor of Social and Economic History, Pro Vice Chancellor and Principal, University of the West Indies, Barbados. He has published extensively on Caribbean slavery, gender, history, and sports, including Natural Rebels: A Social History of Enslaved Black Women in Barbados and Centering Woman: Gender Discourses in Caribbean Slave History. He has served as a consulting editor for several journals, including Journal of Caribbean History, William and Mary Quarterly, and Wagadebei. His most recent publication is Caribbean Indigenous Societies and Slave Systems, co-written with Verene A Shepherd and published by Cambridge University Press. He has also co-written with her two volumes, Trading Souls and Saving Souls.
- Author(s)Professor Hilary McD. Beckles
- PublisherCanoe Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintCanoe Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight236 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.