CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of two volumes covering the tragic events on the Western Front. Drawing on photos, diaries and letters of the day, the book takes in Verdun, the Somme, Ypres - names which are still synonomous with horrendous loss of life.
- Author BiographyPeter Simkins worked at the Imperial War Museum for over 35 years and was its Senior Historian from 1976 until his retirement in 1999. Awarded the MBE that year for his services to the Museum, he is currently Honorary Professor in Modern History at the University of Birmingham, a Vice-President of the Western Front Association and a Fellow of the Royal Historial Society. Peter Simkins is the author of numerous publications on the Great War, including the book Kitchener's Army (1988), which was awarded the Templar Medal by the Society for Army Historical Research.
- Author(s)Peter Simkins
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2002
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleEssential Histories
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 b&w and colour illustrations
- Weight341 g
- Width170 mm
- Height248 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.