All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe movement repertoire that develops in the first year of life is a language in itself and conveys desires, intentions, and emotions. This early life in motion serves as the roots of ongoing nonverbal interaction and later verbal expression. This book gives readers the tools to see and understand the logic of this nonverbal realm.
- Author BiographyRuella Frank, Ph.D., is founder and director of the Center for Somatic Studies, and faculty at Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy and the New York Institute for Gestalt Therapy. She teaches throughout the United States, Europe, and Mexico and is the author of articles and chapters in various publications, as well as Body of Awareness: A Somatic and Developmental Approach to Psychotherapy (Gestalt Press, 2001), available in four languages. Frances La Barre, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist-psychoanalyst in private practice in New York City, where she works with individual adults, children, and couples. She is Adjunct Professor and co-Director of the Parent-Infant/Toddler Research Nursery at Pace University, and a supervisor and faculty member at the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center and the Institute for Contemporay Psychotherapy. She lectures and teaches both in the United States and Europe. Her book, On Moving and Being Moved: Nonverbal Behavior in Clinical Practice (Analytic Press, 2001), and articles are known for her unique application of movement studies to psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Frances La Barre,Ruella Frank
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 39 black & white halftones
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £39.99Trending at £47.22
- £23.39Trending at £25.01
- £32.42Trending at £34.98
- £7.59Trending at £10.00
- £8.99Trending at £13.00
- £7.36Trending at £10.00
- £9.15Trending at £12.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.