Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the experiences of a new math teacher in an urban high school and an analysis of these experiences by a veteran professor and critic of urban education in the United States.
- Author BiographyCarl Weinberg is a professor emeritus in the Graduate School of Education at UCLA where he taught the sociology of education and curriculum studies. He began his teaching career in 1955 and taught in inner-city secondary schools in Philadelphia and Los Angeles for six years. For the past ten years of his tenure at UCLA he worked in teacher education where he introduced perspectives from humanistic and confluent education to prospective teachers. Paul J. Weinberg spent two years teaching mathematics at Leuzinger High School, a traditional urban school in Lawndale, California. He left Leuzinger to help with the start-up process of a public charter school in San Jose, California, working for the Leadership Public Schools organization as the mathematics department chair and head of assessment. He is currently doing doctoral work at Vanderbilt University's Peabody School of Education and Human Development with an academic focus on mathematics and science education.
- Author(s)Carl Weinberg,Paul J. Weinberg
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.