All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.88
- £26.61Trending at £27.88
- £25.66Trending at £27.88
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £11.60Trending at £13.41
- £19.28Trending at £20.68
- £17.29Trending at £22.19
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible and entertaining narrative history of the establishment, development and unravelling of the British Welfare State - now fully revised to cover Blair's first term. Lively writing in the style of Peter Hennessy.
- Author BiographyNicholas Timmins has been Public Policy Editor of the Financial Times since 1996. Before that he was with the Independent for a decade from its foundation., working variously as its health and social services correspondent , politcal correspondent and its public policy editor. He previously held similar posts at The Times. He has also worked for the Press Association and Nature. He has therefore been reporting on the events covered in this, his first book, for twenty years.
- Author(s)Nicholas Timmins
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/07/2001
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note22 b/w plates, Index
- Weight456 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.