All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a searing indictment of the many influential practices in the social sciences and humanities. The author best known for his critique of rational choice theory, argues that scholars have fallen prey to inward-looking myopia that results from - and perpetuates - a flight from reality. He also answers many critics of his views.
- Author BiographyIan Shapiro is the Sterling Professor of Political Science at Yale University, where he also serves as Henry R. Luce Director of the Yale Center for International and Area Studies. Among his many books are Containment [Princeton], The State of Democratic Theory and, with Michael J. Graetz, Death by a Thousand Cuts: The Fight over Taxing Inherited Wealth (Princeton); and The Moral Foundations of Politics .
- Author(s)Ian Shapiro
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.30
- £12.75Trending at £20.21
- £40.35Trending at £41.15
- £30.00Trending at £43.03
- £18.73Trending at £19.65
- £16.23Trending at £16.44
- £30.19Trending at £33.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.