All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Foreword by Tahir Shah. Thirsting for a new adventure and announcing that 'an adventure not in the air is obsolete', Richard Halliburton hired pioneer aviator Moye Stephens in 1931 and fearlessly set out to circle the world in an open cockpit biplane optimistically named The Flying Carpet.
- Author BiographyRichard Halliburton (1900-1939) was America's great adventurer and one of the most successful adventure travel writers of the 20th century. Through a life spent chasing horizons and concocting ever more daring schemes - from swimming the length of the Panama Canal to flying around the world in an open cockpit plane or crossing the Alps on an elephant - Halliburton dazzled the western world. His final adventure, sailing a junk across the Pacific, was also his last. Halliburton disappeared in March 1939 and was never seen again. His wild adventures live on in the books that have captivated millions of readers and inspired generations of writers.
- Author(s)Richard Halliburton
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2011
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Foreword byTahir Shah
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.