Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £7.61
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.51Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe introduction of rationing ensured that food became a central concern for the British people during the Second World War. The food companions investigates the cinema of this period and demonstrates the cultural impact that rationing and food control had on both government propaganda and commercial feature films.
- Author BiographyRichard Farmer is Leverhulme Early Career Fellow in Film Studies at University College London.
- Author(s)Richard Farmer
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleStudies in Popular Culture
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, black & white
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byJeffrey Richards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.