Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- Descriptionhe forgotten majority of German merchants in London between the end of the Hanseatic League and the end of the Napoleonic Wars became the largest mercantile Christian immigrant group in the 18th century. Using previously neglected and little used evidence, this book assesses the causes of their migration, the establishment of their businesses...
- Author BiographyMargrit Schulte Beerbuhl is Professor of Modern History of the University of Dusseldorf. Her publications include Spinning the Commercial Web (Frankfurt 2004, ed. with Jorg Voegele), Migration and Transfer from Germany to Britain (Munchen 2007, ed. with Stefan Manz et al.), and Transnational Networks: German Migrants in the British Empire, 1670-1914 (Leiden 2012, ed. with Stefan Manz et al.).
- Author(s)Margrit Schulte Beerbuhl
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in British & Imperial History
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note15 illus., 28 tables
- Translated byCynthia Klohr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.