All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £16.97
- £9.53Trending at £14.97
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.60Trending at £8.67
About this product
- DescriptionFirst besieged in 305 BC, the island of Rhodes became part of the Roman Empire and was later fortified in the Byzantine style. Due to its position in the Mediterranean, Rhodes was attacked and besieged for over a century by Islamic forces. This title details the development of the fortifications, as well as the sieges that sought to reduce them.
- Author BiographyKonstantin Nossov is a researcher in and advisor on ancient and medieval arms, armour and warfare, as well as the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. His particular areas of interest include the history of weapons, fortification and siege warfare. He has lived all his life in Moscow, Russia, and has traveled extensively in Europe, North Africa, South Asia, Asia Minor and the Far East. Konstantin has written several Osprey books, as well as other English language titles and numerous books in Russian.
- Author(s)Konstantin S. Nossov
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 96
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight257 g
- Width148 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brian Delf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.